Listen on iTunes: goo.gl/sMnEa0
Listen on Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/podcast/future
Alec Ross is one of America’s leading experts on innovation. He is currently a Distinguished Visiting Fellow at Johns Hopkins University and the author of the New York Times bestseller The Industries of the Future. The Industries of the Future explores the technological and economic trends and developments that will shape the next ten years, from cybersecurity and big data to the commercialization of genomics to the code-ification of money, markets and trust.
Alec Ross recently served for four year as Senior Advisor for Innovation to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, a role created for him by Secretary Clinton to maximize the potential of technology and innovation in service of America’s diplomatic agenda. In this role, Alec acted as the diplomatic lead on a range of issues including cybersecurity, Internet Freedom, disaster response and the use of network technologies in conflict zones.
Previously, Alec served as the Convener for the Technology, Media & Telecommunications Policy Committee on Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign and served on the Obama-Biden Presidential Transition Team.
Alec has received countless accolades including Oxford University’s Internet & Society Award, Forbes top 10 technology reads of 2016, the US Department of State’s Distinguished Honour Award, Huffington Posts’ 10 Game Changers in Politics award and the Tribeca Film Festival Disruptive Innovation award.
- The industries of the future
- What opportunities leaders, entrepreneurs and individuals should explore in the next 10 years
- Alec’s career trajectory: from "cleaning up whiskey smelling puke" to advising Barack Obama
- Why Alec thinks "Donald Trump is an idiot" and immigration reform
- The role that Governments should play to accelerate innovation, not stifle it
- The education system and what has to change- The Baltimore School System
- The growing gap between productivity and the labor force
- The skills deficit behind angst in middle America and the Rust Belt
- Exclusive globalisation
- Automation of both white collar and blue collar jobs
- Universal basic income
- AI: is Skynet a threat?
- What happens when the majority of our jobs are automated?
- The relationship between human longevity and its affect on innovation
1) Alec’s Website: alecross.com
2)Alec on Facebook: facebook.com/Alec.Ross1234/
3) Alec on Twitter: twitter.com/AlecJRoss
4) Alec’s book: https://amzn.to/2NXYJug
I hope you enjoyed this episode. If you’d like to receive a weekly email from me, complete with reflections, books I’ve been reading, words of wisdom and access to blogs, ebooks and more that I’m publishing on a regular basis, just leave your details at www.futuresquared.xyz/subscribe and you’ll receive the very next one.
Listen on Apple Podcasts @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com