Ben Yoskovitz is the co-author of Lean Analytics, a guide for organisations who want to use data to grow new businesses faster.
Ben has been the VP of Product at GoInstant, acquired by Salesforce in 2012, he was the founding partner at Year One Labs, an early stage seed acecelerator based in Montreal. One of the companies that came through the program, Localmind, was acquired by Airbnb.
He’s also made 15+ angel investments and runs the Instigator Blog which focuses on lean startup, product management and entrepreneurship.
Our discussion covers the following and more:
- origins of lean analytics
- defining the one metric that matters
- what does success look like?
- analytics for non-tech companies
- analytics for large companies
- how much data do you need to make a decision?
- knowing when to pivot or persevere
- how lean analytics can help product speak finance's language
- machine gun testing v targeted testing
- using lean analytics in small markets to support the
exploration of disruptive innovation
For more on Ben Yoskovitz head to InstigatorBlog.com.
You can purchase Lean Analytics (book) here: https://amzn.to/2QTnruH
I hope you enjoyed this episode. If you’d like to receive a weekly email from me, complete with reflections, books I’ve been reading, words of wisdom and access to blogs, ebooks and more that I’m publishing on a regular basis, just leave your details at www.futuresquared.xyz/subscribe and you’ll receive the very next one.
Listen on Apple Podcasts @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com