Seth Godin needs no introduction but I am going to give him one anyway.
He is the author of 19 books, and over 8,000 blog posts.
He’s a pre-eminent name in the world of entrepreneurship and marketing.
He has founded several companies including altMBA, The Marketing Seminar, Squidoo, and YoYoDyne which he sold to Yahoo! For US$30M.
In 2018, he was inducted into the Marketing Hall of Fame.
With such an enormous body of work, it was hard to know where to start preparing for this interview, but I spent our 45 minutes together trying to shine a light on apparently conflicting beliefs.
How do we strive for more, while also accepting who we are?
Does having a Plan B mean that we don’t go all in on Plan A?
Does hiring for culture fit mean that we destroy creativity?
We explored questions like these that trascend both life and business, so strap yourself in for some rapid fire learning with the one, the only, Seth Godin.
- Striving for more versus acceptance of self
- Having a Plan B versus going all in on Plan A
- Navigating uncertainty
- Overcoming rejection and adversity
- Build an MVP or build something remarkable?
- How to identify your smallest viable market
- How to save time for rewarding pursuits
- Persist or quit in the face of negative feedback?
- Hire for culture fit or diversity of thought?
- Does setting up shop in Silicon Valley kill creativity?
- Why Netflix and Apple don’t make good benchmarks for early-stage entrepreneurs
- Kevin Kelly’s 1,000 true fans
- The K12 school system and what’s broken with education
- Signaling: good signal v bad signal?
- Why social media followers aren’t real followers
- Why depriving employees from the ability to make decisions is wrong
Biz: AltMBA, TheMarketingSeminar
The Growth Faculty Seminar:
15 May 2020
International Convention Centre
9:00 - 1:15
18 May 2020
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
9:00 - 1:15
Tickets at thegrowthfaculty.com
Listen to Future Squared on Apple Podcasts goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com
Steve's book: www.employeetoentrepreneur.io
NEW Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/futuresquared/
Watch on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2N77FLx
Conversations with preeminent thought leaders from a variety of fields to help you think in a multi-disciplinary way, make better decisions, kick goals in your professional and personal life and better navigate what is fast becoming, a Brave New World.VIEW MORE EPISODES