Kale Brock is an award nominated writer, filmmaker and speaker.
He’s the author of several books, including The Gut Healing Protocol, The Art Of Probiotic Nutrition, and Mandy Microbe’s Big Gut Adventure.
In his second documentary, The Longevity Film, Kale travels to the world’s ‘blue zones’, longevity cultures, to investigate the dietary & lifestyle factors which cause such unprecedented health statistics in these areas.
We unpacked Kale’s journey into the heart of these blue zones to unpack how their inhabitants attitude, community, nutrition and movement sees them living lives, on average, 5 to 10 years longer than those of us in the west.
We challenge many long-held beliefs about health and wellness, and also attempt to answer that big question - what is happiness?
With that, sit back and enjoy, my conversation with Kale Brock.
● The meaning of happiness
● Why happiness, the chemical state, is a pointless goal
● Longevity communities: Ikaria, Okinawa
● The value of stress
● The diminishing of our tribes
● Depression in the west
● The Meditteranean diet
● Human connection and deep conversation
● Reconciling contentment with ambition
● Devices and social media as a surrogate for self worth
● Veganism and fanaticism
● Why loneliness is worse than smoking
● Finding meaning in suffering
● Western wellness band-aids
● Nutrition in the blue zones
● Identity politics and tribalism
● Web: kalebrock.com/longevityfilm
● Instagram: @kalesbroccoli
Listen to Future Squared on Apple Podcasts goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com
Steve's book: www.employeetoentrepreneur.io
NEW Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/futuresquared/